Summer decorating need to add freshness to your house, not bog you down with more jobs during an already busy season. Here are 7 of The Spending budget Decorator’s top easy, fast and cheap summer decorating ideas:
1. If you need to create color in a room quickly, paint is a great solution. To save time and money, just try to paint the focal wall inside a room. Generally, in most average rooms you can paint just one wall in less than an hour!
2. Instead of sewing up fresh pillow covers and tablecloths, try using no-sew techniques instead. Pillows could be wrapped in a piece of unfinished fabric on the diagonal such as a present, and wrapped with a decorative ribbon to protect it. Use duct tape to put a temporary hem in flat sheets or older tablecloths to make them fit your end tables and breakfast nooks. When you have those tables covered, use cardboard boxes pushed below the tables to hide the kid’s toys and books and also flip flops, but keep them handy. The floor-length tablecloths will cover up the storage area.
3. Take a box around the room and pick up all your knick-knacks and collectibles. Now replace only three of your favorite items or collections. You will appreciate the less cluttered look, and the decrease in dusting chores also!
4. If you love fresh flowers in your home, but can’t stand enough time and expense of changing the arrangements, get a sunny spot in your yard and toss out some sunflower seeds! Many types leave no pollen on your own tables, are foolproof to grow, make your yard look fantastic, and can last up to 10 days in a vase…all for the cost of a package of seed!
5. Remove your layered window treatments and grab your area rugs for a cool, clean look for summer. Be sure to leave mini blinds or even sheers on your windows for comfort and light control.
6. Clean the glass in all areas for your house! The shiny surfaces in your house reflect light and sparkle, both contribute to a fresh summer look. Don’t forget your own tv screens, kitchen appliances, and even picture frame glass. Do this one technique, and see if your rooms don’t look brighter and cheerier, without more cost that a little effort a few pennies of glass cleaner or vinegar!
7. Finally, mix your fresh decoration to take on the rooms you’ve spent a lot of time in these winter months! Move around some furniture, borrow and lend pieces from other rooms. Use clear strings of holiday light on top of cabinets for sparkle. Bring out your good china and hang it on your wall as art. Put your toaster or bread machine below the cabinets for a better look. Feel free to remove some wall art and store it for next fall. Paint an aging wall with bright white.
Anything you do to bring the summer season into your houses, make sure that you pick a couple of ideas with this list, and give them a try. They are fast, easy and cheap, what could you lose?